Title: The Things That Haunt Us
Director(s): Christopher James Cramer, Zach Kanner, Nathan Boehme, Jeff Dean, Julius Sean, Ann-Marie Lindblad, Andrew Berkovich
Producer(s): Christopher James Cramer
Starring: Katie Hotchkiss, Julia McIlvaine, Sierra Heurmann, Brian Robert Burns, Rose Leisner, Julie Cardia, Janna Cardia, Andrea Nelson, Roxanne Morrison, Devin Brooke, Ann-Marie Lindblad, Blake Berlin, Zach Kanner, Joon Paul Kim, Raisa-Dielle Riikonen, Sherry Lintvedt, Jasmine Isaacs, Jeff May, Bradley Fletcher, Gabriel Loeb, Cara Manuele, Arash Aiinehsazian, Gwen Carole, Sara Fletcher
*7 vignettes/short films & 4 directorial debuts
“Art is meant to Disturb”
1. For you, Anything
– Beautifully shot
– Diary releases “something”
– Oh, this is assault… sexual assault
– Cigarette burns
– The setting of the house looks very modern for the 60s but accurate
– Energy, haunting, the past
– Righting a wrong by destroying it
2. Don’t Trust Yourself
– Voiceover repeating words of organism
– It sounds more like conditioning or brainwashing
– “More of us”
– Project Zero
– “I’m not going back” vs “You’re 7”
– “Send in 8”
– Reminds me of Orphan Black
– Was she the “first”, the original?
– FAVORITE. FAVORITE. FAVORITE.
– The title = “cat calling” aka men mostly who tell you to smile (it’s happened to me before, countless times at my job when I’m not in a smiling mood)
– Coven, ouija board, 3 witches
– I’d say poor Chad but no lol
– Consent discussion
– Daisy, the outsider, reveals her story of assault, turns out Chad assaulted her and dumped her out by a dumpster. FUCK HIM.
– Well acted, especially when Chad is tied up and questioned and tortured
– Great use of lighting when Daisy confronts Chad, her eyes are given this “glow”
4. My Closest Enemy
– It was over before I knew it!
– A man’s shadow building up to attack him
– He doesn’t trust light
– Not gonna lie, thought this was for the 4th story. Oops.
– A lying landlord
– Smells of burnt hair. EW.
– Spirit reminds me of Samara from The Ring
– A sign that says “get out” but the man’s blind, yo.
6. Hard Stop
– OMG. This is a fucking ad.
– THIS IS A COMMERCIAL
– No obstacles? Did the door locking mechanism not work?
7. No Pets
– This would have been cooler if they were ACTUAL cats
– Ever see that film Cat People? Both versions? WHY CAN’T IT BE??
– Gimme big cats, small cats, kittens, I don’t care
– Living in a dead woman’s house who was a cat lady
– WHAT IS THE BUDGET FOR THIS ONE?
– It looks cheap… no… generic
– Mentions of Margot Robbie and Sean Young
– “I hate cats”
– Cat people as in they dress up as cats? Cosplay gone wrong?
– They are furries
** Personal FAVORITES in ORDER:
For You Anything
Don’t Trust Yourself
My Closest Enemy
*The Things That Haunt Us is available through Amazon Prime