Curious about who runs this blog? Continue reading below!
Location: I live in Indy
Favorite Genre(s): Psychological, supernatural and slasher
Favorite Franchise: ANOES aka Nightmare on Elm Street (minus that remake, ugh)
Favorite Decade(s): 70s and 80s horror
First Horror film seen: One of the Nightmare films
First Horror film seen in theaters: *this is now edited. Halloween H20 is actually first
First collection of horror media: Either The Blair Witch Project on vhs (at CVS, I do remember) or Boogeymen: The Killer Compilation (KMart)
I picked 5 random horror related questions to answer so you can get to know me a little better. Here we go!
1. Have you ever had an unexplainable experience with the supernatural?
Would you like a real answer or a soft one because I’ve definitely had encounters with the supernatural world more than once. It’s a lot to digest and talk about publicly and one day I’ll go into further detail but I can say one moment was being home alone, and I knew I was home alone (one floor home) and I was looking for something in the kitchen and with my back turned, I heard my name and that freaked me out. I remember clearly, it was maybe 3-4 years ago but I’ve always had some kind of tie to that world and I haven’t explored it or want to fully.
2. Would you spend a full night inside of a haunted house if someone paid you?
Nope. Nope. NO. If I were by myself, no. If I were with other people but still slept alone? No. I just know some shit would go down. I follow my intuition or empathy or “vibes” as I call them and I just know it wouldn’t be safe.
3. Would you rather get bitten by a vampire or bitten by a zombie?
Hmm. A zombie bite is a done deal. I mean once you’re bitten, that’s it. Vampire, unless you’re used for a blood bag, I’d take the vampire bite. You have a higher chance of being a vampire and YOU can choose when to end your life! You might wanna live into “old age” and decide, I’ve read everything, I’ve watched everything and walk out into the sunlight and become dust.
4. What is your favorite season of American Horror Story?
Oh shit. I did see 1984 and I really liked that season overall… I will say if I had an order, Murder House, Coven, Asylum and either 1984 or Hotel. I didn’t care for Cult, it wasn’t gonna be my jam so I didn’t bother watching but I should.
5. Which horror movie scarred you for life?I’ve been so desensitized of horror that nothing scares me or scarred me up until I saw City of the Living Dead (Fulci) and Hereditary (Aster) this year very recently. I’ve posted about watching some of Fulci’s films on IG and how the film + The Beyond really stayed with me for a good while after watching and of course Hereditary blew my mind is so many aspects and you have to have a strong stomach for it. As I’m typing this out, Hereditary is in my head with certain scenes!
*these were fun to answer, hopefully I can do more in the future but I wanted to crank one out before we reach 2020! Do you have a favorite genre? What’s the first horror movie YOU have seen?
Let me know!*